Downloads
    Uploads
    https://www.thebump.com/a/breakfast-...-fertility/amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah awesome! Thanks! Do be aware though that their diet was highly controlled in other ways (they were eating only 1800 cals) and all of them had thin PCOS and were having irregular ovulation. So we can't extrapolate that to other women, because these women were likely EXTREMELY sensitive to carbohydrates and thus would have benefitted from less food before bedtime. "fixing" fertility issues that are due to PCOS may even sway PINK because PCOS sways blue, so things that are mitigating the challenges of PCOS are likely pink friendly in nature overall.

Long story short, I think you should just eat when you can, the HE types of foods, and don't add in another challenge to yourself in terms of trying to eat more food at breakfast than the rest of the day. That isn't the type of "improving fertility" that sways blue.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That leads me to my next question…
    It is 2 part.
    1. Does the even blood sugar for longer sway blue even if you’re losing weight? Can you lose weight while keeping blood sugar even all day? Like if I started snacking throughout the day but was in a calorie deficit would that start to sway better blue? Is the calorie surplus what sways blue? Even if it’s 10 calories a day surplus. Like if someone was on HE, gained 10 lbs then held steady and didn’t conceive until a few months later, what would happen if they were in a slight calorie deficit the weeks leading to ovulation even small calorie deficit, not enough to noticeably change weight just enough for the body to think resources are not as plentiful. So say I’ve gained weight too early then go wow ok I need to stop gaining and try to back down portions, am I now inadvertently swaying pink?
    2. It seems to me that it’s the times when someone is gaining weight that’s the boy trigger regardless of starting point. Is this true? So rather your BMI is low, normal or a little heavy, as long as you are in the gaining phase, muscle or fat, you are swaying blue. Right? This is why after weight loss then relaxing the diet, you got your boys?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also a question about the 21 day meal plan…. Is it ok to have a few breakfasts on repeat like the oats, the eggs and the almonds and snack on that and say, cheese and fruit till lunch and have last nights dinner for lunch and snack on that till dinner? It’s hard to make so many meals in one day but if it’s optimal… I’ll do it! And would the coconut water and sugar in the tea count as enough carbs if say, I snacked on cheese and almonds all morning and drank coconut water and tea with milk and sugar? It protein/ carb combos right? Can I make my own days out of the grade A foods list provided I do enough protein mixed with carbs? Say for instance

Teas sugar half and half/ 1/4-1/2c almonds and walnuts/ fruit/ 4oz cheese/ coconut water
    Or
    2-4 eggs/ fruit/ tea/ coconut water
    Or
    Peanut butter on toast/ cheese/ dark chocolate/ coconut water/ tea
    snacked on till lunch
    Lunch- leftovers of night before meat/ FF dairy/ starchy veg or fruit and 2 more tea bags w sugar snacked on till dinner
    Dinner- red meat/ salmon, Sweet potato w butter or a sweet dressing On a giant salad romaine/ peppers/ tomato/ cukes/ cabbage
    Snack- serving of cereal w ff milk or yogurt and berries

I can draw out food like take one or two bites ever half hour but I dk if that’s best for blood sugar I don’t mind going to bed full I hate going to bed unless I’m full so probably could eat the most at night

5. Thanks gambadaroi thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know. I do not have the data to answer very specific questions like that, and it very likely varies by person anyway depending on the resources their body has stored and their unique metabolism.

I really do think it's a step in the wrong direction for blue swayers to cut back before swaying (and for pink swayers to gain weight for that matter). You're basically taking two steps backwards before you even start. You're draining your resources, lowering your blood sugar, all that, before you even begin, and now you have that much more ground to make up. Plus, what if (and this happens ALL. THE. TIME.) you get pregnant sooner than you intended?? Now you ended up conceiving right at the worst possible time, when you were cutting back! I myself got my 4th boy when I had taken "the month off" (my husband had different plans, LOL) and was trying to regain weight to lose.

The timing of weight loss has not worked. I don't want you to get hung up on it like you're talking about, because it has backfired by far and away more than it's helped. If you want to lose weight first, absolutely fine, just go ahead and do that, then give yourself time to normalize on weight and then sway.

But no, weight gain is not the boy trigger per se. We have plenty of people who get girls after gaining weight (in some cases a LOT of weight, this is why I hate to see anyone gain a massive amount of weight for blue) and plenty of people still getting boys after losing weight (again, in some cases a LOT of weight). The real "trigger" is improving vs. declining condition and the effects that has on your overall fertility. Your body has many internal mechanisms (many of which we don't even know) that send signals to itself about fertility - this is why even something as sillly as stressing about an upcoming school test, or missing a few nights of sleep, can delay ovulation a few days! Weight loss is ONE of those mechanisms but by far not the only one and so we can't give it more importance than it is due.

In a practical sense, yes, even if your BMI is lower, if you are moving in a direction of more blue friendly in terms of weight gain, then that's all good. But I just don't want you to think that weight gain is the end all be all because it is very much NOT. We are seeing good results with people gaining nothing and losing nothing!

AS for my boys, I am a big eater, always have been, aim at eating healthy foods, get moderate exercise, am highly fertile, and have a very "boy mom" type of personality too. So yes, while I did gain or hold steady on weight with my boys, and lost some with my girl, I had a lot of other stuff going on, and with my girl in particular I was swaying and had a lot of things going on in my day to day life too that swayed pink. I would not attribute any of my kids' genders to weight alone.

PS - as an aside, one thing that's great is that these are the kinds of questions I normally get from PINK swayers!! Very detail oriented, very analytical, and this indicates to me that in terms of your attitude and mindset you are in the "blue zone" so to speak. Not a guarantee, of course, because there are lots of other things that come into play, but definitely encouraging for any blue swayer!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's absolutely fine to have some of the same things again and again. I typically ate the same things for breakfast day in and out (for sure with my last two, and I was actually often skipping breakfast with my first boy) And I am a habitual "leftovers for lunch" eater. I never ate anything approaching the number of meals in the 21 day diet plan, but some people can't eat larger meals and NEED that many smaller meals to get the calories. Do what works for YOU as long as you're eating regularly.

All those foods are great and you can absolutely rearrange and sub in things you like. You do not need to eat just Grade A foods, it's fine to have more mix and match than that. That is really just something that so many people had asked me to do (to go thru and rate foods) but I never meant for anyone to eat just Grade A foods or anything like that.

Just eat in whatever pattern will work for YOU as long as it's more blue friendly than you were eating.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok ok… so I could start my rough draft eating program but still keep calories low enough to lose some weight while keeping blood sugar even (is that possible to lose weight while keeping blood sugar even?) then add in more food as I start lifting weights and heavier weights ( I love weightlifting- HATE CARDIO). So I’m gathering the addition of muscle and access to saturated fats signals better condition? This will be so much more like I want to eat I actually hate coffee and hate processed sweet stuff I could live on nuts/ meat/ eggs… and I want to snack! I have about 5 months before conception so as long as you don’t think this is too early I’m going for it! I already ordered some elk and venison meat because I was so excited to have MEAT! And for a control freak aspect we are having a bunch of projects done here at the house I’ll be in charge of plus breeding schedules for the mares and I want to reorganize my entire house to prep for a 4th! Maybe I could do some kickboxing too I could make my hubby wear gloves he’d get excited of course it doesn’t take much to get him excited IYKWIM….

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sway coming up! Nervous

Also carb and protein for every meal and snack is there a particular ratio? Is it quality over quantity as long as it’s not like under 1800?
    Like say, Would someone have a better chance at a blue sway if they were eating 1800 cal of well-balanced meals, whole fats and protein and carbs versus someone who is eating 2500 cal of non-balanced meals just carbs and low fat junk food etc?
    So I am still beginning to sway blue if instead of eating only really at night I begin to spread my calories out through the day and add in a little bit of meat here and dairy there? More specifically, losing weight eating HE foods is more boy friendly than eating empty calories and gaining weight, right? Not that I would be trying or even chancing conception while losing weight just want to start priming for better condition. I think you’ve already answered this I just want to have it fooo shooo I don’t want to be hurting my chances here. But what I think we are looking for is even blood sugar be it snacking lightly all day or having well-balanced meals, just no dips or highs. What are signs of low blood sugar? I have gotten so used to just working through hunger and whatever else because being busy outside I just don’t care / trained not to stop and eat .I will definitely be adding more calories in especially as I am working out more closer to conception time since ya gotta eat protein to make muscle and sat fat for hormones, right?
    I also wanted to check in on meat and dairy because isn’t animal fat and dairy fat higher in omega 6 than 3’s? And omega 6 sways pink?
    I’m not picky at all if you said eat raw steak with cereal I would think it was delicious I literally love to eat anything!! Just years of my moms ED made me a coffe guzzling, one meal, low protein, low fat, vegan eater. Growing up it was never consistent, like no food or a giant meal or only chocolate or straight junk trash or super healthy. So I never learned how to eat like a normal human!

I don’t know if it alerts you or not but I have edited this thing like 25 times adding more and more questions and thoughts as they come to me…

Last edited by Thefinalcountdown; February 8th, 2022 at 07:59 AM.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did want to add all 3 of mine have been one month wonders… dtd unprotected three times ever and had 3 kids lol. Regular cycles, never been on BC or hormones.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    https://www.thereallife-rd.com/2020/...ck-postpartum/

This was the other article I was looking at regarding fertility while breastfeeding. It states how a woman’s body could feel ready to ovulate again at only a 1/2lb weight gain per month- which shows how sensitive the body is to nutrition fluctuations. This is why I was asking about easing into the HE diet so one wouldn’t gain then rein it back, even just to maintain and send signals of “hard times” during the conception window.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast